Looking to visit the Shuswap? Check out this collection of resources to help you prepare for your trip. Whether you’re looking for hiking trails or a peaceful place to camp, you should have all the information you need to make your trip safe and fun!
make the most of your time here
Whether you’re a resident here (lucky you!) or one of our visitors, we are committed to ensuring your time spent with us will leave you truly satisfied. Here in the Shuswap, we are all about ‘The Authentic’. Using the suggested itineraries and activities within this guide, explore the best we have to offer while keeping your own travel values and interests in mind. This Adventure Guide offers a wide variety of activities and suggestions to make the most of your time spent here.
In the Shuswap, we’re making every attempt to ensure our visitors and our locals experience the ‘best of the best’ in our part of the Shuswap!. In the North and South Shuswap we have a number of visitor kiosks fully stocked with maps, guides and brochures to help you experience the best of what we have to offer. Friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Chase Visitor Centre, located at 400 Shuswap Avenue, will be able to assist you as you enter the Shuswap from the west. As well, many members of our community are natural ambassadors for our region, friendly and approachable, so don’t hesitate to ‘ask a local’ for tips on their favourite places to beach, eat, hike or take in the sights!
Visitor Services in the South Shuswap
[email protected] | 250.515.3276
Visitor Services in Chase
[email protected] | 250.679.8432
Visitor Services in the North Shuswap
[email protected] | 250.804.8097
Guides & Maps
make the most of your time here
Shuswap Tourism produces a variety of guides and brochures to help you shape your experience in the area. These are available online or pick up a physical copy at our local Visitor Centres and self-serve kiosks located throughout the Shuswap.
When to Come
The climate found here is one of the many reasons why people choose to visit or to make the Shuswap their home. In the summer, we enjoy warm sun-filled days with little rainfall. Spring and Fall are bursting with colour as the seasons change and Winter is met with sparkling snow, making this a true four-season destination!
Know Before You Go
REPORT A WILDFIRE: *5555 CELL PHONE
SALMON ARM HOSPITAL: 601 – 10th Street NE Salmon Arm
BC AREA HEALTH CENTRES / CLINICS:
- Chase & District Health Centre (Walk-in Clinic & Emergency Care) 825 Thompson Ave Chase | 250-679-3312
- North Shuswap Health Centre / Clinic 3874 Squilax Anglemont Road, Scotch Creek | 250-955-0660
- Sorrento & Area Health Centre / Clinic 1223 Trans Canada Hwy, Sorrento | 250-803-5251
- Copper Island Wellness Centre / Clinic 2417 Golf Course Drive, Blind Bay | 250-675-2196
KIDS DON’T FLOAT!
lifejacket kiosks for kids:
- Harbour Boat Launch, Blind Bay
- Sandy Beach Community Beach, Blind Bay
- Markwart Boat Launch, Sorrento
- Sunnybrae Community Park, Sunnybrae
- Herald Provincial Park, Sunnybrae
- Memorial Park Boat Launch, Chase
- Shuswap Lake Provincial Park, Scotch Creek
- Magna Bay Wharf Road Park, Magna Bay
- Bristow Road Boat Launch, Celista
- Beswick Road Community Park, Seymour Arm